Lots of drain covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am hoping to move into our new build shared ownership property soon. We have been out to view it a couple of times and the only thing I have noticed is that there seem to be a considerable amount of drains on our drive. I counted six in total and another in the back garden making seven in a very small space.

Is this normal?

Also, I couldn't see any weight rating on the ones on the drive, but some are right where the wheels for a car would sit. Do I need to investigate these any further before moving in?

IMG_4213 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4211 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4177 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4213 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can only see 4 covers on the driveway. The two covers nearest the house are likely to be foul water connections (probably one from bathroom and 2nd from kitchen). The two nearest the end of your driveway are probably one foul and one surface water. The one in the back garden is probably surface water (downpipe).
The cover look like composite type - if you're concerned about load bearing then ask the site manager for some reassurance.

I agree with Andy ;)

The more the better if you have any trouble. They usually have a number on which says how much weight thye can take, something like A15.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I will take a closer look and see if I can find a weight rating.

Just worried as neighbours don't seem to have any on their drives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back