lots of problems?????????

mw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a recurring problem with my central heating system.

Ive had all my rads on for over two weeks now but then gradually over a couple of day one rad will start to get cold the finally no water will get supplied to the flow,
Me and a ex plumber have been putting mains water to the flow and forcing water up there? this seems to work but only for a few days then another rad could be the same one or a different one will have the same problem.

I think Im dealing with trapped air some where in the system but cannot seem to shift it.

Ive turned my pump to 3 which helps keep the rest of my house nice and warm.

I also have air trapped in my hot water system as you can here this when I put my hot water on,
I have a hot water tank and F/E tank in loft.

Any help please as this problem wont go away and its cold

Will a power flush help me out or not? I am willing to pay the high amount people are asking for this service as long as it will cure my problems???

Sponsored Links
If you get rid of the air and it comes back, you either have a leak with the pump on the boiler return, or it is sucking air in through the vent pipe. This can be because the header tank is not highenough, or because the cold feed pipe is partially blocked. This may need cleaning, but you could try a descaling chemical first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back