Love it or hate it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to love Marmite of my toast, until they changed the formulae a few years ago, and took the edge of it. Yesterday, shopping in Lidl, they had the Marmite alongside their own look-a-like version, which I had seen before, but wasn't convinced enough to try it before. Yesterday, I bought a jar.

Actually, it wasn't bad - not quite the bite that the old Marmite used to have, but acceptable.

Sponsored Links
I used to like it spread on toast but it doesn't agree with my digestion any more.
What's the difference between the original and Lidl's version?

I used to love Marmite of my toast, until they changed the formulae a few years ago, and took the edge of it. Yesterday, shopping in Lidl, they had the Marmite alongside their own look-a-like version, which I had seen before, but wasn't convinced enough to try it before. Yesterday, I bought a jar.

Actually, it wasn't bad - not quite the bite that the old Marmite used to have, but acceptable.

Could also have an element of your tastebuds changing too.

Sponsored Links
I love Marmite, can't say I've noticed a change in flavour, but it does seem runnier than before.
Could also have an element of your tastebuds changing too.
I used to drink at least 10 cups of tea a day, hardly drink it at all now. Can't seem to get a decent brew from any maker, could be my taste buds, most likely cheap nasty tea being used to maximise profits.

I used to drink at least 10 cups of tea a day, hardly drink it at all now. Can't seem to get a decent brew from any maker, could be my taste buds, most likely cheap nasty tea being used to maximise profits.

I only like Yorkshire Tea.

Have you tried Dynamite?

It's got a bit of a bite

In my 20's-30's I used to dip my marmite smothered bread soldiers into my mug of hot bovril.

Couldn't do it nowadays though. I spend all my time spreading natural honey on my toast.

Crunchy peanut butter works on bread or toast.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back