Lovely smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Walking over to my other halve's house this evening I got the unmistakable whiff of coal smoke going up a chimney. For me it's one of those smells that I always love. Wintery, but reminds me of being cosied up back at my parents house. I love it.

What smells have the same sort of effect on you?

Sponsored Links
I love the faint smell of creosote on a warm sunny day...

But the best smell of all is that of a burnt out PCB on a boiler...... :evil:

Sponsored Links
We use to have a dog that farted loads.

Coal is even better when it's mixed with wood smoke but the best smell of all is peat on a very cold winter's night.

Freshly laid tarmac. That smell takes me back to my childhood. I remember watching in awe when the council re-done the tarmac on the road where we lived.
The smell of fallen leaves in autumn too, take me back to the long walk to school in the early sixties. ;) ;) ;)

What about after having gone for a lovely winters walk with your new partner and you get back in the car. Switch the heater on full bore to warm up your ankles start chatting and then it hits you...... Dog shyte.....

too late now to stop and clean it because you're on the clearway/motorway.

You have to turn the heater off and open the windows. What do we talk about now? Oh my god, does this bring back a memory for me.:cry:

The smell of coal/wood smoke reminds me of winter at my parents farm.

The smell of "Castrol R" always makes may day, lot's of racing memories, both spectating and competing.

Sponsored Links
Back