Low cost tanking solutions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a prefab garage that has damp at one wall. I'm familiar with the proper sort of tanking used in swimming pools and showers with small tiles, but it's quite a complex solution and pricey method. Does anyone know of any low cost tanking solutions?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
define low cost? I got a quote of £300 for all the materials necessary to EDPM tank a roof terrace approx 4x4m and I though that was pretty good value but then it IS intended to work like a bowl, catching inbound water and funnelling it down a drain, rather than sticking to a wall and keeping water out that is weeping in..

Sponsored Links
Can you tell us why you think its damp.....for example, earth buildup on that wall, rain splash, gaps between the prefab panels, water running into the join between walls and floor or whatever?
John :)

Hi Burnerman. You are right that people often jump to serious solutions and I should find the exact location of the water entry. The gap between the floor and the prefab panels was sealed and everything was dry until the recent rains. But it does appear to be coming thru in one place only. But by the time I noticed water had come in it had spread so I can't see which spot it's starting from. Once it dries out, next time it rains I will keep checking to see where the water starts spreading from.

I was asking about the tanking more as a later last resort solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back