Low energy outdoor spotlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can help me again, have been looking everywhere for a low energy spotlight to replace one of these...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_3/FL5501.JPG

I'd like it to still be chrome/silver but being the energy conscious person I am id like to replace it with a low energy one but can’t find anything suitable and I've looked everywhere and have tried all possible searches on Google. Have already tried replacing the lamp with an LED one but it’s too dim and the CFL lamps are too big for it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys
Dan

Sponsored Links
doubt you will get one.

cfls are just to give light not directional, general led lights are not bright enough

Someone mentioned a 7 watt cfl is the same size as a standard halogen lamp. Not sure though.

the light shown by the op has a halogen lamp, the equivilant in cfl is slightly longer so will not fit (too long) also as i said cfls are not spot lights, so the beam direction is "random" making them not a lot of use in this case

Sponsored Links
But does he need it to be a spotlight? Or is it a decorative light?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, as long as it throws out light to illuminate the area then it doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be as directional as a spotlight, I'm using it to light some steps down to the garden, its fixed to a fence post and is about 1m away from the ground.

Cheers
Dan

if the unit is sealed i would not want to use a cfl it will overheat and won't last long at all.

if the unit is sealed i would not want to use a cfl it will overheat and won't last long at all.
Please explain your logic. I can put my hand around a CFL during use. Try that with a 50 watt halogen lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back