Low hot water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently our hot water pressure has got lower and lower, but only upstairs?!! We have 3 hot water taps, 2 in the bathroom and 1 in the ensuite. The bathroom is next to the airing cupboard, which contains the hot water tank. There is no problem with the sink tap in the bathroom, but the bath tap is considerable slower (maybe half the flow rate). However, the main problem is the tap in the ensuite. At times, we would turn it all the way on and only get a few drips out. If you then turn it off, and leave for a few seconds, and turn back on, you'll get a bit more of a trickle. Do this a few times, then we might get a half decent flow. I say half, but imo it's probaly about a third of the flow rate of the bathroom sink tap. We'll get a plumber in to look eventually, but just thought I'd see if anyone knows or have experienced this problem?

Thanks,
Simon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Where does the air go, if I blow back up the tap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back