Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I normally creep around the electricians forum but please don't hold that against me!

I think my heating water pressure's a bit low, it's 0.7. I've not touched it since it was installed 4½ years ago.

What pressure should I set it to?

Is this the right way to do it — I open the valve on the left, then the one on the right. I turn off the one on the right when the pressure gets up to what you tell me. Then I turn off the one on the left.

I believe my installation is not standard, but is a bit posh. So here's a picture:

Sponsored Links
Open both valves slowly to raise the pressure to 1 Bar (when the system is COLD) assuming a standard 2 storey house.

However, after 4 years you're best checking the expansion vessel pressure as detailed in the FAQ's.

You have a type CA backflow prevention device...this allows the permanent "filling loop" connection you have....as you say it's unusual for a domestic property. Once you have topped up the pressure it might be worth checking the backflow device is not constantly dripping water into the white waste pipework (especially if on a meter)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back