Low Pro Shower Tray and Pivot Door, will it flood the floor?

Building regs recommendation is 44mm per metre Puller, 25mm is getting very close to the minimum permissible fall

And you'd be happy with 75mm per 1Meter then?? That'll 'pull' a 50mm deep trap!!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
When you say it will "pull", do you mean because the joint won't be sitting firmly in place within an 90degree bend, because the angle of descent is to steep? Can you not get round this by just using a flexi connect?

Hi,
When you say it will "pull", do you mean because the joint won't be sitting firmly in place within an 90degree bend, because the angle of descent is to steep? Can you not get round this by just using a flexi connect?

No mate, I mean pull air through the trap & break thr trap air seal. We would never use any kind of 'flexi' waste pipe. Pros don't use that sort of thing, they are the reserve of CC/CCC & DaftyDIYers.

Sponsored Links
Thought I better get on with this as want to be using the shower by Christmas... I bought a Kudos Concept 2 shower tray (heavy but seems really sturdy), didn't mess around with flexi connects, so used 90deg McAlpine compression joints and have a drop of about 50-60mm across a 2metre length before joining the soil pipe.

However I have 3 small concerns....
1: The shower waste passes next to the radiator pipes, (in fact touches), what is the risk of the rad pipes melting or distorting the shower waste pipe?? (was going to push a piece of rock wool between the two pipes but not sure that would be adequate, to stop the heat transfer?)

2: Once the shower tray is fitted, there is no way I will ever get to the compression joint that I have fitted below the floor level, I have poured a bottle of water down, but is there anyway of truly checking I have no leaks at this stage???

3: I originally wanted to fit a tiled floor in the room, I don't want a carpeted room, lino (or flotex), however got grave concern that one day that the floor might have to come up to get access to pipe work... anybody any suggestions on if its even possible to fix a removable ceramic tiled floor ? alternatively any other flooring options?

Any advice, once again, extremely appreciated...
Trying my best to get it right, with a lot of patience (and time)....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back