Low roof Pitch tile dilemma.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I.m having work done to the side of my 1950s house, basckly putting a roof over the garage kitchrn and utility room, (long extension ) low pitch, connected to next doors roof. I,m looking for tiles to match in with my existing roof which are Rosemary brindle looking. thanks inadvance j.

Sponsored Links
Rosemary (plains) are not suitable for shallow pitch roofs.

In fact their recommended minimum pitch is 35 degrees.

Hi again I have put two photos on the site hope this helps I’m not looking for Rosemary’s / Hawkins as such but something as a lookalike or a cheaper alternative. I really don’t want these double Romans eitherthanks in advance J.

Sponsored Links
That's as flat as a pancake, any tile on that roof is destined to leak. it needs a flat roof material not tile.

Santoff 20/20 will go down to 15 degrees.
.......provided the roof is as simple as the come with no awkward obstacles.

People need to read the small print regards tiling low pitched roofs, in that the manufacturers only guarantee their tiles provided the roof is a simplistic design.

Hello again ,as you look at the picture the left is myself the right is my neighbours both roofs will be attached obviously with a drain in the middle, it will run from the garage past the side and a 10ft utility room on the end so it’s quite long. Thanks in advance J.

I.m having work done to the side of my 1950s house, basckly putting a roof over the garage kitchrn and utility room, (long extension ) low pitch, connected to next doors roof. I,m looking for tiles to match in with my existing roof which are Rosemary brindle looking. thanks inadvance j.

Are you trying to find out where to get Rosemary tiles from? Sounds like a nice little project you got going here, when are you estimating it to be complete?

Oh hang on, @ Jobie are you saying you are looking to put a whole new roof & structure on your existing extension to match the pitch of next doors?

Yes freddy I am wanting a whole new roof connected to next doors pitch. ty J.

ThomasClark no i'm not after Rosemarys the pitch is too low I want somthing to match in with my existing 1950's roof which i beleive are rosmarys brindle or blue. Work starts march next year. ty J.

Should i save all the heartache and just go for concrete council flat ones? J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back