Low self-discharge NiMH batteries in Cordless Drills?

Sponsored Links
The technology has gone past NiMh and looks like the market has jumped on the Li-Ion bandwagon which eliminates the need for NiMh in cordless tools. Unfortunately it looks like Li-Ion power just doesn't cut it for power...

The technology has gone past NiMh and looks like the market has jumped on the Li-Ion bandwagon which eliminates the need for NiMh in cordless tools. Unfortunately it looks like Li-Ion power just doesn't cut it for power...

But if Li-Ion batteries don't improve we will be going back to Nimh :cool:

I won't be buying Li-Ion for a while until I hear good things about them.

I had been about to buy Li-Ion Ryobi but the number of negative posts about Li-ion, especially with the far higher price, have put me off.

Sponsored Links
Just bought my 3rd 15.6v 3.5Ah Panasonic hammer/driver with Ni-Mh as the tool supplier doesn't recommend the Li ones as the have lower amps and the power is down, he can hold the chuck while pulling the trigger can't do that with the older battery power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back