Low shower Preasure on a combo boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baxi 105e Instant and have just had a new mixer shower fitted. The only thing we have noticed is that the pressure on this seems low.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this? I don’t think pumps are compatible with combis.

I think the pressure is down slightly following loss of water in the south Birmingham area about 2 weeks ago due to the big thaw and burst mains.

Sponsored Links
Time to get the mains pressure tested, if it's struggling to power a normal mixer shower.

No, you can't shower pump a combi/mains supply. You could consider sing a whole house pump for the mains supply though, if it's lower than 12L/min.

Time to get the mains pressure tested, if it's struggling to power a normal mixer shower.

No, you can't shower pump a combi/mains supply. You could consider sing a whole house pump for the mains supply though, if it's lower than 12L/min.

I’ve got Severn Trent on the case.

Thanks for the confirmation regarding pumps being a no go with combis.

Which make of shower mixer do you have ? What was the make of your previous shower mixer ?

dont suppose the installer measured the water flow & pressure of the old shower mixer :idea: And the f&p of the new shower mixer.

info helps o_O here and informing your water supply company.

Sponsored Links
What is the pressure and flow like at the other taps. Have you called the installer back for his comments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back