Low System Water Preasure - Valliant ecoTEC Fault F.22

I have the exact same boiler (Vaillian ecoTEC pro 28 ) that has lost water pressure (it is sitting at 0.2 bars) and is showing error F22. I was hoping to be able to re-pressurise the system using the filling loop, but when I opened up the board I discovered that there were no obvious taps on the filling loop (see picture below). I have both loosened and tightened the screw on the right silver connector without any luck.

As you can see from the picture the tap the flow loop has always been opened (I didn't turn it) so it should surely just be a matter of 'opening' the flow loop. I'm really quite stuck here and I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thanks!

EDIT: I just sorted it out. With my filling loop the screw is attached to a top that one can turn with a pair of pliers. So finally we have hot water again!

Sponsored Links
That looks like a DIY boiler installation.

The filling loop has been connected to the flow pipe instead of the return.

Tony

That looks like a DIY boiler installation.

The filling loop has been connected to the flow pipe instead of the return.

Tony

Exactly as it is with the built in Vaillant filling loop on The Ecotec 800 range :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot al,

its december time and same problem for me....solved in two minutes by turning the two white knobs and bringing up the pressure. SPECIAL THANKS TO MACHOMANASH.

I wonder why they would not put such a simple thing in the manual though.

registered in this forum just to say thanks to all.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for a brilliant thread.

I deinstalled a heated towel rack in order to paint behind it. When I reinstalled it I opened the pin on top letting airpressure out and closing only when I had a steady trickle of water coming out.

At this point the boiler shut down giving me the f.22 error message which led me to this thread. Thanks to great advice I opened the relevant valves and got the pressure up to 1.2. But I could not get it any higher however much I waited. I restarted and the boiler and it functioned as normal with respect to heating water, but the central heating had shut down completely with no circulation. I cannot see any leaks/drips coming from the reinstalled heated towel rack, but perhaps I accidentally sent some air further down the system?

Two questions:
1) How to get water pressure above 1.2?
2) Need help troubleshoot lack of circulation in central heating. (I quite possibly bodged the reinstallation of the heated towel rack.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back