low voltage lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have low voltage lighting in the bathroom.One of the bulbs went which i tried to replace.Being in the bathroom the lights are in a casing.I removed them from this and found the bulb connected to a very small bulb holder.One of the wires going into this has come away and there are no screws to hold it back in place and so the light does not function when all the others do.
How do i rectify this problem.Do i have to go in the loft space and fit a new wire with the bulb holder already attached to the transformer.
Hope this don't sound too confusing.

Sponsored Links
Try an electrical wholesaler to get a wired lampholder for a low voltage downlighter, there should be a connector block fitted somewhere on the fitting (up top?) you can wire the new holder into that.

Thanks a lot.Found some on the internet.
Can't find the connector block though.The light fits in a metal casing that seems sprung loaded in the ceiling and the wires connected to the lamp holder are fed through this.I don't want to pull it from the ceiling too far just in case unless it's ok to do so.I assume the only way to do this is getting in the loft space.
DSCF0293.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
The light fits in a metal casing that seems sprung loaded in the ceiling

The fitting pulls right out. Do this slowly so that you can see exactly how the springs work. It's not immediately obvious if you've never seen one before. :) :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back