lower storey CI soil replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an 8 foot section of a cast iron stack that is failing and is from ground to plastic above.

It was originally external but is now internal to a garage (and tucked in to the corner).

It just serves the upstairs bathroom and all inlets are in the higher level plastic pipe.

The CI terminates in the concrete garage floor and there are no manholes anywhere near.

I am hoping that this is just a case of breaking around the floor and replacing the CI with plastic to a ceramic hopper/whatever is there?

I only have low to moderate DIY skills so have posted this as a job for up to 175, with me maybe breaking the concrete floor (have a breaker from other jobs) / being labourer.

Is this a reasonable price or would it be a lot more?

Would/could there be horrors if I tried myself (I'm assuming nothing has to be done below ground as it is in the inside corner of the extension garage and behind it is the extended kitchen)?

The most I've done before is lower a manhole one course and replace it with a tray, which I did reasonably well.

TIA,

John

Sponsored Links
Is the section from floor level ,up to around the first six inches in height in good condition ? If it is you could cut it there and replace the section above in plastic. Saves any digging .

As @terryplumb just grind it off above gl and fernco it onto plastic. If it's rotten into the ground however, it needs exposing and assessing what's good and what's gone to shoit.. Which could lead to £'s... However, if you can do the break out and exposure... That's where the costs are and could save you a fair amount.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back