Lowering of TV cable further underground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am a director for the management company of a block of flats. We had a damp problem in a flat caused by the outside grounds levels which have been lowered by about 180mm. We have found some Cable TV cables under the ground outside so these will need to be lowered also. Does anyone know where I start with this please? I am assuming it's Virgin Media but don't have a clue who to contact and who will pay for this service. Do they do the digging or do we for example? Who reinstates it?
Any advice gratefully received,
Thanks
Penny

Sponsored Links
VM usually just make a shallow trench with a spade - about 5cm - and drop the cable in. Push the spade in, push the handle forwards, remove the spade and slide sideways, repeat. Dead easy, really fast and leaves the cable out of site and really vulnerable!!

5cm? You were lucky. On my front lawn they just lifted the turf and tucked the wire underneath. Foxes pulled it up within 48 hours

Sponsored Links
5cm? You were lucky. On my front lawn they just lifted the turf and tucked the wire underneath. Foxes pulled it up within 48 hours

Similar thing happened with us across the strip of grass outside our garden. When the council came and cut the grass it caught the cable and severed it. No TV, broadband or phone. Great fun trying to contact them on my mobile...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back