Lowering outside drain pipe -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
Our kitchen extension has an outside drain for sink waste.
It also drains gutter rain from the extension.We're having a porcelain pation fitted outside of the extension and after digging down for MOT preparation, the drain pipe is now exposed.
I'd like this drain lowering but looking at the pipe as it dissapears down and under the entension, It seems there isnn't much room to lower it.
I've attached a few pictures to demonstrate the issue.
The idea was to lower the pipe approx 6" and then MOT and Lean Mix the sub base. Then Tile the area and use ACO drainage for the gutter rain.
A bit stuck for a solution now baring in mind the tiling has to be 2 bricks before DPC.
Any ideas would be very useful.
Thanks in advance.
Andy

Attachments

• IMG_8192.JPG
    IMG_8192.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8189.JPG
    IMG_8189.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8176.JPG
    IMG_8176.JPG
    654 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8220.JPG
    IMG_8220.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
If you dig out the bend that disappears under the house, you should be able to take apart and redo the whole lot at a lower level, including the run from the other gulley round the corner as far as I can see.

Although having said that what’s the actual issue? Assuming your dpc is at door cill height the gulley will end up below the slabs.

Hi 23vc -
The reason for wanting to lower the pipe is to allow the rain to flow into an ACO drain. The tiles are not porous.
I could have just the one aco and the back of the house as there is another drain there for the old sink.

Sponsored Links
Can’t they just lay them to the correct fall towards the existing gulley?

I think that might do it. I'll have another word with the fitter.
Thank you
Andy

If you pull off that double socket elbow and use a single it will lower it, cover any pipes close to the surface with concrete.

Hi cdbe
Do you mean like this one? (attached).
Will the horizontal pipe still reach it?
Andy
Thanks for replying (y)

Attachments

• 110mm_90_single_socket_elbow_bend.jpg
    110mm_90_single_socket_elbow_bend.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 26
That's a bit sharp - one of these would be better.

Screenshot_20230509-215806.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back