Cant fit gulley. Go without?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done an extension and am now doing my drive. I am re doing the drains for my rain water. One of my down pipes from my gutters comes down inbetween my neighbours wall and the side of my house. Due to the foundations I cant dig out to fit a gulley?
My drive slopes down away from my house. Would it be ok to let the water run down the drive and into the aco drains at the bottom or would a gullety be needed near the down pipe? Any ideas ? Thanks
20200514_080557.jpg
20200514_080604.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could let in run down the drive, would make a nice ice rink in the winter. Also, in heavy rainfall, the flow down the drive could swap the Aco drain and run over the pavement into the road, which may upset the Highways People.

If you cant get the Gulley in between the 2 walls, put it in front of the garage, and use some bends to take the downpipe to the gulley, or if you can get 110mm pipework in the gap, run that to under the pipe, and use the back inlet of the gulley. If you're connecting to a soakaway or rainwater drain, you dont need a gulley anyway.

Sponsored Links
Cut the concrete, fit a trap and head as normal.

Or use a surface drain channel to transfer the water to a place where you can fit a trap and connect to drains there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back