Lowering waste connector pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20211113_101510.jpg
20211113_101510.jpg
Hi
We are trying to fitting a new kitchen.
This waste water pipe is right where we want to put a cupboard. It's the waste for the sink and bathroom water waste.
Can this be lowered?
Is there any other connector that can be used?
Or do we just need to cut a hole in the new cupboard?
Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Have you got a plan for the units/appliances on that wall?can you post some idea of whats goin where? ID all existing and proposed wastepipework.
The boss 110mm fitting can be lowwered but it would be a bit of work and expense.Other arrangements with other fittings could work but for me id need far more detail.
What you have seems to be leaking - could you remove the access plug and see whats happening inside at the connections?

How is that branch being held into the pipe in the floor? Almost looks like a banded connection?

If you can get that branch out you could drop one of these in.

th

This is the plan for the kitchen.
The waste sits where the green mark is so right inbetween where the cupboard is going to be.

The branch has been cemented onto the old drain. Its sitting in the conservatory so was the old outside drain.

We ve had a look and doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere.

Thank you for your responses.
I'm posting on behalf of my Dad as he's not very good with technology!
IMG-20211113-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20211113-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20211113-WA0012.jpg

Sponsored Links
It can be removed and replaced, but you may be opening yourselves up to a whole world of pain if you do so. The boss pipe and cap are glued together, that will only come out in one lump, so its what you're left with afterwards if you try. Ideally, (if that is going to be a habitable room), it wants digging out and the job doing properly, I'd be wary of altering that if, as I suspect, it goes into an old gully.

Currently the cap is removable to provide access if the gully blocks up, replacing it with sealed pipework could be a recipe for disaster down the line.

Thanks for the drawings and new info, they help.
Given the new information and the location of the 110mm what you propose wont work so I'd go with the advice from above and think about digging out an re-working the wastes & water supplies.
As they are they could interfere with the new units and appliances.

You could dig the floor out and fit a waste manifold flush with the floor, this would keep all the waste connections under the base of the unit.

110mm Soil Manifold.JPG

Apologies OP, didn't notice the other side of the boss with the additional 2 pipes in the original pic. The second pic explains a lot more.

Ignore every I said :whistle:

Looks like it's time to get the Kango out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back