LPG Hob install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
Her indoors has bought a dual fuel (gas/elec) cooker with inbuilt gas hob. The cooker is going on the wall and the gas feed pipe will run straight down the wall through the exterior wall to the LPG cannister outside the house. A straight run of pipe approx 2.5 metres long.
I have no interest in connecting either the unit or the gas cannister but I was hoping to reduce costs by

A: Drilling the hole through the wall
B: Attaching a length of copper pipe (with plenty left over at each end) for the nice gas safe man to attach, commission and certificate.

So my questions are, can the pipe run horizontally from the appliance to the outside , or would it be preferable for it to come down the wall and run at skirting height.
And secondly what type of pipe should be used ?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can drill the hole if you like but running the pipe will be down to your engineer. You'll probably need a 24mm diameter hole as the cooker may require a 15mm supply, which will need to be sleeved in 22mm pipe.

You can drill the hole if you like but running the pipe will be down to your engineer. You'll probably need a 24mm diameter hole as the cooker may require a 15mm supply, which will need to be sleeved in 22mm pipe.

100% agree, RGI must fit all gas pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back