LSF Cable required Village Hall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently pricing for new lighting in a village hall. Would LSF cable be required? Advise on who should be contacted please. Also, regarding the amd 3 requirement for fire rated cable supports, what would be recommended for above a plasterboard ceiling cables being clipped to joists, is there a simple metal support for this?

Sponsored Links
...Also, regarding the amd 3 requirement for fire rated cable supports, what would be recommended for above a plasterboard ceiling cables being clipped to joists, is there a simple metal support for this?
Do those requirements actually extend to cables above plasterboard?

Kind Regards, John

Do those requirements actually extend to cables above plasterboard?

Kind Regards, John
The plasterboard should be adequate.

That said, in a commercial building I would expect to see proper steel containment for a proper job so we should really be talking about LSF singles (6491B) in galvanised trunking (with PVC or galvanised conduit drops if any drops are required). Obviously I have no idea what kind of containment (if any) has been installed in this particular village hall though.

Sponsored Links
The plasterboard should be adequate.
Thanks. As will be apparent from my almost-rhetorical question, that's what I thought. However, I also agree with what you go on to say, for a non-domestic environment.

Kind Regards, John

If only money was no object here, then MICC would be a great idea! That being said, galv conduit and trunking are also going to be way over budget. The lighting alone which I have had specked (15 light fittings LED Dimable) is coming in at about £2.8K - which I think is already going to be more than the committee are going to be able to afford let alone adding my labour and DALI dimmers etc to it yet.
This is a small hall in a small village with limited funds...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back