LVT (click) for wall tiles in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So - am I crazy or can I just use LVT (probably SBC) on the walls in a bathroom?

The tiles are fairly waterproof (adding silicone into joints), they're light, can look like stone while being lighter, easy to cut+handle, can be used on the floor too, you can get corner joints or do the traditional clear silicone, cheaper, no need to grout or worry about a levelling system (although you probably want to have them as level as possible which you can do), simple adhesive rather than quickset/thinset mixtures, slightly more flexible/forgiving than ceramic tiles + grout so no cracks, less damage etc.
You could even use screws to secure boards to the walls (or brad nails if you have a stud wall) incase you think the adhesive might fail.

So I guess I am asking: what are the actual pit falls of using LVT on the walls in a bathroom?
Using SBC there shouldn't be much of a need for expansion worries - even if there were some expansion you can have corner channels and silicone giving that.

I didn't see anything in here about using LVT on the walls, and I only see a couple of videos/websites mentioning it, so I thought it was at least asking what is actually wrong with it other than "we don't normally do that" or "get someone in who can tile".

Thanks for any contribution to the discussion..

--
Old486whizz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back