LVT flooring questions

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm finally going to finish decorating the house after 10 years (although I will probably need to redo the living room soon) and want to put karndean in our Hall because we had a dog and toddler with pram so carpet would just get wrecked.

I've previously installed the loose lay product in our dining room and the glue down in our bathroom and I much preferred the glue down but I have some questions I need help with:

Our hall is a suspended timber floor and can get a bit cold due to a nearby airbrick. I've laid ply over all the other downstairs floors to stop draughts but wondered if there is an underlay that I could use with the glue down stuff on top or should I just stick to ply? Also thinking about it from a noise perspective because I'm worried about it being a bit echoey.

The hall is 3mx2m and the dining room comes off it. Would it look odd if the planks in the hall were laid at 90 degrees to the ones in the hall or should I keep the same orientation? The floors will be different colours.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You be best lifting the floor boards and putting chicken wire in and insulation just under the floorboards.

You be best lifting the floor boards and putting chicken wire in and insulation just under the floorboards.

Would be ideal but there's not many floorboards I can lift - there are block work partition walls built off all the floorboards to separate the hall from all the rooms. Would require lots of cutting the boards and I think my wife would kill me if I delayed the floor much more :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back