MacAllister Power Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone have experience of using MacAllister Power Tools? Im looking for a decent mitre saw for a decking project and have a budget of roughly £100. I've was going to buy either Ryobi or Makita until I found this on B&Q website.

Mitre Saw

Seems a crackin deal for the price however I believe B&Q are the only stockists of this make in the UK so cant really compare price and have found no info trawling the net

Edit: just spotted this deal too - 2400W Sliding Mitre Saw and stand for £179.99 delivered

SIP Mitre saw

can anyone advise on SIP Power Tools aslo?

cheers in advance!

Sponsored Links
The MacAllister is rubbish and when it falls apart when the warranty runs out you wont be able to get parts for it.

The sip is also rubbish but it can be sorted out. I have all sorts of sip stuff it all had problems when I bought it. Also its easy to get spares for. If you are good at fixing things at that price I would get it.

Yes but most Mc tools usually come with a 2 year guarantee so any problems take it back, In fact hammer it and make sure it destructs and go and get a new one :D :D

Harry

Sponsored Links
I was looking for some mid range HSS drill bits.
Whilst searching, I came across MacAllister stuff at B&Q.
Normally not a fan of B&Q tools, but as these seemed to be different, was wondering if you guys had any experience with them,,,, or can advise on mid-range quality please ?

I won't buy the cheapest stuff,,,,, but sometimes feel that the dearest stuff is sometimes not worth the extra.

BTW, when looking on the B&Q site, I notice that the Performance (?) brand are almost identical (including packaging) to the MacAllister stuff (a bit of a clue maybe ?!).

Shed own brand tools are cheap poo!
Load of rubbish, they do the one job (just) you bought them for & then need fixing (generally). :(

i use a mac drill for mixing adhesive and grout, its really crappy but is ideal as you dont get any air bubbles as its slow!

main problem is every 6 months something goes wrong so have to take back, ive not bought a new one for 2 years now since i found it, the bee and queue policy means i can have a new one every time, its usually the charger that goes on it.

I was looking for some mid range HSS drill bits.
Whilst searching, I came across MacAllister stuff at B&Q.
Normally not a fan of B&Q tools, but as these seemed to be different, was wondering if you guys had any experience with them,,,, or can advise on mid-range quality please ?

I won't buy the cheapest stuff,,,,, but sometimes feel that the dearest stuff is sometimes not worth the extra.

BTW, when looking on the B&Q site, I notice that the Performance (?) brand are almost identical (including packaging) to the MacAllister stuff (a bit of a clue maybe ?!).

try screwfix allthough the same group as b&q they stock better brands an this makita set for £18
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/94051...51873-HSS-Titanium-Plated-Drill-Bit-Set-16Pcs
makita bit sets are usualy good athough they also stock some other good sets their site is www.screwfix.com and you can request a free catalouge

Hi there!
Can anybody tell me if the MacAlister 1800w 240v 185mm Circular saw has been discontinued or not?
Thanks in advance.

I brought an Evolution 210mm mitre saw for ~£100 which has been used quite a bit for DIY, and some paid work. Recently after 2.5 years it was juddering, so I returned it and they repaired lots of issues under warranty. Very quickly too, so pleased with the service.
Seeing the issues they fixed after 2.5 years moderate use I don't expect it to last that much longer, so whilst its been great, you do get what you pay for.
I would expect a Dewalt mitre saw for example could be used heavily for years before it needed replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back