Macerators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please?
Is it possible to join water waste pipes from a bath and basin to the exit pipe of a macerator (before it goes into the stack) without affecting the macerator's performance.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's possible, but not recommended :eek:

Every time the ghastly thing starts up the water will shoot up into the bath and basin like a fountain :LOL:

Could be a novelty talking point, although not very hygienic.

ON many macerators you are able to join the bath/sink pipes into them before they go out to the stack.

If your bath etc will pipe into the stack (soil) why can't the toilet?)

Sponsored Links
And is your macerator discharge not 19mm overflow? If so it's too small to drain a bath or basin effectively without being pumped. Why do you want to join to the discharge anyway, are there no connections available on the unit itself?

doitall - thanks for the reply I was in a rush hence the one word reply. As a result I will probably give up on that idea.

mattylad - Thanks like you I am a DIYer bordering on dyer. I haven't bought the macerator yet but believe the bath/sink waste can be attached to the macerator. My concern is that the en-suite is in the centre of the bungalow and I didn't want the noise of the macerator going off more than necessary.

The problem I have with joining the toilet to the stack is that I can't get sufficient fall with a 110mm pipe. I can only get 40mm over 4 - 5m whereas by using a smaller pipe I can get the fall.

muggles - thanks, as said to mattylad, I am concerned about the noise of the macerator going off more than necessary. In relation to the 19mm, I was under the impression that the macerator discharge was 32mm so I think I will have to buy the macerator before any pipe-runs.

My problem:
I am trying to build an ensuite and would prefer to use 110mm. One of the problems I have is that I am working under the floorboards in limited space about 34mm between joists and sub-floor. The original soil pipe is clay which has been cut off level with the concrete base, it is directly below the original WC and is approximately 5 metres from where the en suite WC is to be sited. There is a separate vented stack to the drain which is enclosed in brickwork. The clay pipe has been cut off level with the concrete sub-floor and has a spigot inserted to change from clay to plastic. On top of the spigot is a 110mm T, the top going to the existing WC and the horizontal was for the en-suite. The spigot is 6mm in depth and if I could get a T that went straight into clay I could revert to the 110mm as I would be able to get sufficient fall. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

The spigot is 60mm in depth, not 6! sorry.
Pic attached that should clarify my ramblings.

seco services - the pan conector was the only suitable item I could source at the time and thanks I will replace with the item shown from toolstation unless I can find a T that will plug directly into the clay pipe. Any ideas where to source would be appreciated.

you won't get a t to go straight into the clay pipe.
the other part is a mcalpine dc1
most plumbers merchants stock mcalpine or they can get it in.

seco services - thanks for your time it's back to the drawing board for now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back