Macerators

There is no way of getting a soil pipe from the middle of my 1855 house to the nearest waste withgout digging up a lot of 6" thick stone floors and going through 22" walls.

So there is actually "a way"!
All it would take is 'time' and 'money'! Your house has stood for 120 years without the need for a yum-yum...yeuck! I think it will cope without one. However, if you truly insist, then I'm sure it will be fine and look good... from where I live :sneaky::p

Sponsored Links
This is just some feedback for the recommendation from Just Pumps.

I eventually got around to getting the rubber slide over NRV and have fitted it.

It says its suitable for 32mm-40mm pipe - well IMO that's not quite correct, if you fit it onto 32mm pipe (push fit or solvent weld) the hole diameter is too big and I'm pretty sure that even doing it up with clamps will still leave a gap.

However - putting straight adapters on the end make an ideal fit, my pipe is solvent weld so a pair of 32mm to 32mm SW adapters, glued on each end of the pipe made a perfect fit.

So far, this is working and is the best solution - it's quieter than the plastic ones and slimmer - I can now put the plasterboard cover back over the hole it's hidden in (perhaps that's a job for at xmas lol).

The macerator itself works fine, it has always just been this NRV causing a problem, hopefully now that problem is solved.

Sponsored Links
This is just some feedback for the recommendation from Just Pumps.

It says its suitable for 32mm-40mm pipe - well IMO that's not quite correct, if you fit it onto 32mm pipe (push fit or solvent weld) the hole diameter is too big and I'm pretty sure that even doing it up with clamps will still leave a gap.

However - putting straight adapters on the end make an ideal fit, my pipe is solvent weld so a pair of 32mm to 32mm SW adapters, glued on each end of the pipe made a perfect fit.

So far, this is working and is the best solution - it's quieter than the plastic ones and slimmer - I can now put the plasterboard cover back over the hole it's hidden in (perhaps that's a job for at xmas lol).

The macerator itself works fine, it has always just been this NRV causing a problem, hopefully now that problem is solved.

Glad you got it sorted and it will last for years being the heavy duty type, fitting the straight connecters does help however if you use a 7mm socket rather than a screwdriver to tighten the clamps it will fit straight onto the 32mm SW pipe. Please tell me you did use the clamps !!!!

Oh yes, I bought clamps, although they are done up with an electric screwdriver at the mo - I'll dig out a socket later.

What I want to know is where the heck were you when this debacle started? :) :)

Thanks for the advice.

Oh yes, I bought clamps, although they are done up with an electric screwdriver at the mo - I'll dig out a socket later.

What I want to know is where the heck were you when this debacle started? :) :)

Thanks for the advice.

I use a small 1/4" drive ratchet which is only 3 1/2" long, only mention this as they don`t need to be "gorilla tight". :D

I was watching from the sidelines as there was too many keyboard warriors putting their tuppence worth in then you had a serious post wanting help which is what I`m here for. :cool:

I was watching from the sidelines as there was too many keyboard warriors putting their tuppence worth in then you had a serious post wanting help which is what I`m here for. :cool:

think I am going to be sicko_O

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back