Madonna and child

Richardp said:
Why do people adopt outside of the uk ? I guess there are not so many children up for adoption here?
Just heard on the radio, there is over 4,000 childrens available in the UK :eek:

Sponsored Links
...few of whom are pretty little babies with no defects, like Madonna wanted.

It does make you wonder........

and.....theres more!
How did she decide which baby to have?
its a simple question which answers alot of other questions.

Sponsored Links
I think everyone's a bit quick to criticise Madge here (I'm not a fan by the way). She's getting on a bit, so maybe she's adopting because she really wants more kids but can't have them herself anymore? Has she given an explanation as to why she's chosen to go abroad to do it rather than adopt a British kid?

At the end of the day this kid is going to have a nice home, a good family (I presume), great prospects etc. Otherwise he would be stuck in an orphanage, which doesn't sound too great to me. Can you imagine this kids reaction in a few years when he learns to appreciate that if the human rights brigade had had their way, he would have been denied his privileged life and left in the orphanage?

I don't think it's Madge's job to worry about all the kids around the world, if she feels she can help just one of them good on her I say. That's the job of government/charities/whatever. She has managed to focus attention on the whole issue though, which can't be a bad thing.

But the whole point is that this lad isn't an orphan! icon_confused.gif
But isn't he living like one? I don't know the whole truth about this to be honest, not read a single whole article about it but I've picked up snippets from the TV/papers etc. But in my view if he had a decent community behind him he wouldn't be in an orphanage. So what's he really being removed from? Occasional visits from his father aren't what a child of his age (or any age) in his situation need, in my view.

It seems the boy father was under the impression Madonna would just be a temporary guardian to his son and said his decision had split the Banda family.

"The family is divided," he explained. "It is not just one person, there are many who are very worried. They see that some of the family feel that because the boy has been adopted by Madonna all their lives will change.

"Others are very concerned about the way this has been handled. the father doesn’t understand what adoption means. He doesn’t know the boy is completely and forever going to be out of his custody.".

she's just spent £15.000 on the little fella's christmas pressies :eek:
a ticket to one of her concerts cost £160 that's about the same as an average wage a year where the kid comes from.

this is the filthy rich in the west messing about with poor people lives
it stinks :evil: its bad enough that we have more than our own fair share of the worlds wealth.

Again, call me cynical but the boy is in an orphanage. So his family can't really care that much can they? Or if they do really, really care, they are at best not in a position to provide the boy with actual care. Same difference from the boys perspective.

JDLDIY said:
Again, call me cynical

OK, you're cynical. So am I. This wealthy woman has bought herself a pretty little baby from far away. The child is going to lose touch with his family and his culture and has been taken away from his familiar surroundings and the people he knows.

I do not know the family circumstances.

She could equally easily have bought a troubled orphan from nearer home, or a child no-one wants, for example because they are damaged in some way, or not a pretty little baby any more. Or I suppose she could have bought some other kind of pet.

Again, call me cynical but the boy is in an orphanage. So his family can't really care that much can they? Or if they do really, really care, they are at best not in a position to provide the boy with actual care.

But surely it would be best for him to receive sponsorship/funding so that he could stay in his own country with his father and still have food, clothes, an education etc? Madonna has agreed to fly him back regularly to keep contact with his Dad and learn his roots so she recognizes the importance of these things in his life.

JDLDIY said:
Again, call me cynical but the boy is in an orphanage. So his family can't really care that much can they? Or if they do really, really care, they are at best not in a position to provide the boy with actual care. Same difference from the boys perspective.
I'm not calling you cynical its just another case of us in the west comparing their culture with ours, if you or I put our kids into an orphanage it would be fair to think that we don't care for them, but I think this little fella has a family who do care, in their way.
how much love can madonna give him? how much do you get for a million quid ?

This is an interesting topic, I hope you guys don't mind me taking an opposing viewpoint on this. Personally I think the issue of providing a kid who needs a home with one, plus a family to go with it, is an issue which transcends race, colour, location etc. I don't really see much difference wherever Madonna or anyone else chooses to adopt a kid from, a kid from here has as much right/need to a decent home/family as a fid from Africa and vica versa.

She could equally easily have bought a troubled orphan from nearer home, or a child no-one wants, for example because they are damaged in some way, or not a pretty little baby any more. Or I suppose she could have bought some other kind of pet.
It's the same for people adopting over here, the older kids with problems are the ones that get left in care, a good looking baby will get snapped up. I'm not saying it's right, but maybe it's human nature. I'm not sold on the idea that the kid is just a pet to her, whenever I've seen Madge getting interviewed she comes across as a pretty balanced/thoughtful woman.

But surely it would be best for him to receive sponsorship/funding so that he could stay in his own country with his father and still have food, clothes, an education etc? Madonna has agreed to fly him back regularly to keep contact with his Dad and learn his roots so she recognizes the importance of these things in his life.

It would be great to have a scheme in place to provide such sponsorship/support but it's not really Madonna's job is it? For me that's something for government. I imagine Madonna wants another kid, which is good news in a way because if she didn't she shouldn't adopt (if you see what I mean).

I'm not calling you cynical its just another case of us in the west comparing their culture with ours, if you or I put our kids into an orphanage it would be fair to think that we don't care for them, but I think this little fella has a family who do care, in their way.
how much love can madonna give him? how much do you get for a million quid ?
Your knowledge of the culture over there maybe better than mine (which is nil). On the face of it he's in an orphanage, which says to me nobody in his family is able/prepared to look after him. That's pretty sad for a little one, although I'm sure there's plenty of kids worse off than him too.

As for the money, lets face it a million quid to Madge is like a quid to me (dunno about you all, you're obviously not working so maybe you're loaded!!) For her it's just a means to an end - that being to have another child.

Well I could be wrong with all of this, the adoption may not be allowed if the authorities don't like it anyway. I just think there's a lot of crap being thrown M's way when essentially she's doing a pretty good thing - giving a kid a home.

But my point is that she's giving a kid a home because she wants to and not because its in the kids best interest. I think whether its her 'job' to set up a sponsor ship scheme or not is potentially a whole different thread (I personally think wealth comes with great responsiblity) but I do believe it is her job to think about what is best for the child she is adopting and I don't think what she's doing is tbh. :cool:

Excuse me for posting without reading any replies so far.

I think she should be forced to return the child.

She did not follow the correct procedure in "adopting" the boy. Why?

She flew a private jet out of the country with him. Why?

I smell a large rat here.

Sponsored Links
Back