Magic bulb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few days ago I noticed that our porch light was not emitting as many lumens as it usually does, so I removed the LED bulb & screwed both it & (then) a used low energy bulb into a household table lamp to compare the brightness.

After leaving the LED on for about 20 mins. I turned off the lamp & to my surprise the bulb was still alight & continued to emit a reduced output for several seconds after removing it from the bulb holder o_O

Known occurrence with LED's or have I gained mystic powers?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have induced voltage from close cables which is enough to light a led bulb dimly

When I opened up a failed LED bulb I found a large smoothing capacitor, if some of the elements have failed then can see why it would glow after switching off. To compare I use my camera and see what setting it uses with the light from that bulb, at 100 ASA/ISO

Possibly the "magic light" was after glow from the phosphor used to convert Ultra Violet to visible light.

Sponsored Links
'Oh so I'm not Mystic Meg after all :(

Appreciate all your replies guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back