Magic Trowel, is it really magic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm needing to skim my walls as they are a bit of a mess after removing the wallpaper. I came across this whilst looking at guides. It seems to be an American thing but gets very good reviews for ease of use and finish. has anyone any experience with this?

Sponsored Links
Looks similar to the finishing trowel my plastering contractors use. They only use them in place of the final 'dry trowel' but insist they are very good.

Their only vulnerability is sharp beading edges nicking the soft edges. Our guys used to have to import theirs from europe but I'd imagine they are sold over here now.

I don't do a lot of skimming any more but I borrowed their 'euro trowel' once and was impressed. It is a time saver and it means you don't have to wait as long for the surface to firm up so much, before the final dry trowel.

And no, it ain't magic.

Any ideas on the mix consistency. They say to water down a pre-mix, how much by i don't know. I guess just enough to make it suitable for rolling on. With regards to the mix I was going to use GTEC Smartmix Xtra (Readymix Lite) 20Kg, any comments regarding this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back