Magnaclean filter for a Vaillant 828 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm hearing how good these magnaclean filters are for a combi system, new or old. I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a few questions I have about them pls :wink

- How much does one cost?
- Where is it fitted on the combi system?
- What do they look like?
- Any idea of Corgi installation costs, or is it a DIY?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
- How much does one cost? about £90 with the vat or try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-MAG...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- Where is it fitted on the combi system? On the return pipe to the boiler.
- What do they look like? They are a black cylinder with 2 shut off valves. They look like this http://www.magnaclean.co.uk/
- Any idea of Corgi installation costs, or is it a DIY? Depends where U live. should take no more than an hour to drain down cut pipe and refill. In sunny Clacton U'd be looking at £35 with inhibitor top up.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Definately do it, I buy them by the bucket load fit one on every job, show customer result, say that's mine for the installation period but look how it's protected your boiler, and offer them it at cost, haven't had anyone refuse it yet that saw the results with a little education. Haven't yet found a customer so stupid as to not take it after I explain damage all that stuff it cought would have done to the secondary heat exchanger.

I don't make any money out of them this is a poor area, we are to a price that people won't go above, I just want to give people a system that lasts as long as possible.

Well said Paul. I have the larger powerflush version. That sells them quite well. We also supply them at cost and fit them free of charge, Like it takes a minute when fitting a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
Can be bought from around £68.50 inc postage on Ebay - they sure can gather some sludgie crap and in no time at all. I find the Magnaclean to be more useful than the Fernox as it lends itself to applying the conditioner.

As a follow up to an old post.......my ruddy diverter valve appears to be going again :evil:

I can't f*****n believe it, i only had it changed December 2005, so we're talking approx 4 months usage of CH during the early part of this year. The CH hasn't been used yet this year + the f*****n diverter valve appears to be knackered already.

I'm gonna order the Magnaclean + fit it asap, will somebody please re-assure me that once the magnaclean is fitted my next diverter valve will last at least a few years?

I doubt if anyone will reassure U of that. U may need to clean the system 1st. It's only a magnet not a miracle. But they are bloody good.
I fitted one to an old boiler last year after changing a blocked plate heat exchanger and telling the customer that the system needed flushing. Even with the magnaclean it still blocked the new one in about 11 months.
Get the system flushed properly and then fit one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back