Magnaclean not required on a combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a vented system replaced by a combi, and the engineer tells me that after seeing how clean the water was in the radiator, a magnaclean filter shouldn't be fixed, since it's a closed system and oxygen is not likely to get in. Is this makes sense? or should I insist to get it installed?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Magnetic filters aren't compulsory. As long as system is clean, been flushed and inhibitor added I would go with your fitter. That is not to say that it would not be beneficial and will probably increase working life of blr.
If plumber quoted for fitting one then yes, insist.

I always install Magnacleans, It makes no difference wether its a sealed or open system, SLUDGE will eventually form

Sponsored Links
System water can look spotless when draining, but after a dose of cleanser for an hour or two, you will be surprised how dirty the water can be.

I too always fit a magnaclean on boiler swaps. It will still pick up crud in your system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back