Magnaclean or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of arranging for my boiler and open vented system to be replaced with a combi. Installer says a magnaclean should not be necessary as system will be power flushed, but will fit one if i want it.
What are you opinions on this and would you advise one should be fitted?

Sponsored Links
certainly doesn't hurt to fit one. You might want to consider a spirovent instead, better build quality, liable to last longer.

thought spirovent was a filter and not an actual magnetite collector. magnaclean do the twintech which is both.have to say we fit a magnaclean on every install and have been very impressesd.

Sponsored Links
i prefer spirovent over magnaclean it traps all dirt not just what a magnet collects.

I think maganclean is a good product, just shame its made out of cheap shoddy plastic.

Magnaclean smagnaclean.

Get a big bucket for the drips.

thought spirovent was a filter and not an actual magnetite collector. magnaclean do the twintech which is both.have to say we fit a magnaclean on every install and have been very impressesd.
A Spirovent is an air separator; the dirt separator is called a Spirotrap.

There is now the Spirotrap Magnabooster

magnabooster is on offer in grahams to all at £69plus vat

You will be able to test water with the magna clean tester that came in todays gasregister mag and low and behold all 3 scenarios says fit one even the one that comes up ok

sorry lads, I know this threads a bit old but I have had one magnaclean I installed last November leak in a kitchen cupboard and bugger the customers lino. This is ongoing with Adey .............
.........and this morning another customer had told me hers is leaking too :eek:
WTF is going on here? The first one I was told ' well, we can see its leaked but its ok on our test jig here at Adey'
Not happy :mad:

Magnacleans have had several issues with leaks;

The tank can crack - subject to manufaturers recall some time ago
The early service valves were sh*te (not sure whether it was the black or red ones, red I think)
And the seal on the top often leaks, my mate at PTS got ten of these sent to him foc by Adey.

Don't be fobbed off, a good product shouldn't be let down by poor aftercare.

any older units will probably leak at some point. cr@p design. I prefer the TF1 cos you dont really need to disturb anything(seals/valves) to clean it out. The spirotech products are obviously better quality, but i would question if they're as effective. There's no doubting the magnacleans performance.

Given up on magnacleans, dodgy valves and when you come to clean them the lid is always a fight to get off even when they are fitted hand tight... I always smear the thread with silicone grease but they are still tight, my conclusion is that the plastic has warped in the heat... Could be worse, I have Boiler buddies with stress cracks and worn threads and the TF1 thingy on display on my Plumb Centers counter leaks when you shake it even though the lid is tight..... The only sane way to go is to fit the Magnabooster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back