Fernox Protector or Magneclean?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am going to change my old heating system to the condensing combi boiler.

One engineer suggested to install Magnaclean.

Another engineer said Magnaclean is for the old system and he would fit in "Fernox Protector".

Which one is better, Magnaclean or Fernox Protector?

Thanks

Helen

Sponsored Links
is it a complete new system or only new boiler on old pipework/radiators ?

magnaclean.jpg

magnaclean is fitted into the pipework and has a magnet inside which will catch any iron oxide particals etc in the system.
not only used on old systems but new as well.

f1.jpg

fernox protector is only a liquid chemical and any particals in the system will stay in the system.

i prefer to have both the chemical will treat the system and the magnaclean will catch any particals etc.

If you are using old radiators, fit the Magnaclean because there will be a lot of fine sediment in them. I guarantee you will be amazed and delighted to see how much black sediment it captures, and you will find it carries on trapping more for years to come.

You also need an inhibitor chemical to prevent future corrosion.

Sponsored Links
have to say i was sceptic in using maganacleans at first,but now i love em.even local council uses em. think with BG its a requirment on installs.you just have to see the results even after a powerflush and they will amaze.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back