Magnaclean quote

Sponsored Links
All I can say is that she does not know exactly who came but whoever they were she has lost faith in them when I discovered that they could not diagnose such a simple fault as a blocked plate !

had it been a glow worm/vaillant engineer it would take all of one minute to diagnose the fault and the part would've been on the van 2000801831(it's a vanstock item). It may well have been a homeserve contractor.

But if you only fit a magnaclean it'll need doing again in a few months. You have to clean the system, i have direct experience of a case where the magnaclean didn't save the boiler from the same fault recurring 3 months later.

The original bg engineer fitten new main hx new plate hx and new pump oh and a magnaclean in August. When i went to boiler last week it was back in the same state.

You can't rely on a magnaclean instead of a powerflush. It should be aswel as.

After all we all know who use magnacleans during powerflushing that no magnet traps all the magnetight first pass. it gradually collects it after many passes, the same stuff still goes round the whole insides of the boiler where it builds up in tight corners and spaces.. the magnaclean eventually collecst the remaining floaters but it does not remove deposits from obstruction hot spots.

Sponsored Links
Blimey, I didn't think my post would provoke such a response and reaction... Thank you all very much for your valuable, varied and interesting information. Although, ironically, I am possibly more confused than I was before! Only kidding.... The main thing I have found out, best of all, is that it can my job can be done for less than what Scottish/British Gas are charging.

I'm still not sure whether to go ahead with the Magnaclean and if I do, GPlumb, I would possibly take you up on your offer of £160, as I can do most stuff around the house, but when it comes to gas pipes, I always tend to err on the side of caution. If that is this case, I will get in touch. Going to mull it over tonight and tomorrow.

Thank you all very much indeed, it is very helpful and really is appreciated, all this input, hats off to you.

K

As gas pipes dont normally have radiators connected then you can use quite harsh chemicals.

Quite strong citric acid will remove oxides but if too much flux has been used then an alkali like NaOH may be better.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back