MAGNETIC BANDS FOR TROUBLESOM KNEES - NO - NOT JOKING !!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used those magnetic bands you get for painfull knees. My mum has been told it MAY be the start of arthritis be she strongly feels it isnt. She has tried everything and has read about these magnetic bands which you can strap around your knee (or anywhere else).
Has anyone used them, how do they work, or, do they work.
PLEASE HELP AS THE PAIN IN HER KNEE IS REALLY PAINING ME.. :oops: :evil:

Sponsored Links
I have the same Mother problem, in fact it is now a family joke, not for her though. She had both knees replaced and this did not cure the problem, so be beware of Knee replacement treatment, it does work for some, but not all.
With respect to them Magnetic thingies, can't see that they could work as there is nothing there to respond to a magnetic stimulus, at least before knee replacemnt that is. The thing is it may be phsycoligical and as such may work provided the user believes it will work. So tell her I said they worked on my mother and get her to try them. If it is successful, then let us all know and all my family will get a long hoped for relief from the greeting "Oh! My Knees"

Some people swear by those magnetic things but snake oil comes to mind personally. :evil:

They are only a few quid on the markets so why not try them out and post back. :D

Yeah they really work

Just like: copper bracelets for rheumatism, the immaculate conception etc

Sponsored Links
Has anyone used those magnetic bands you get for painfull knees. My mum has been told it MAY be the start of arthritis be she strongly feels it isnt. She has tried everything and has read about these magnetic bands which you can strap around your knee (or anywhere else).
Has anyone used them, how do they work, or, do they work.
PLEASE HELP AS THE PAIN IN HER KNEE IS REALLY PAINING ME.. :oops: :evil:
Get a cheapo one and try it out. If you find it helps and want something a bit more presentable, contact me. I'm cautious not to infringe any forum advertising rules here.

it may also be worth trying an elasticated knee support. I use one for skiing. They are in blue-covered neoprene and sold in sports shops, but she can get an old-lady one in pink from the chemist if she prefers. start with teh sinple light-support one as the more fancy ones can be uncomfortable.

have used them for years got them on as i write , cheap ones work just the same as dear ones ,dont know why they work and dont care, ,
funny you never give them a though when you got them on, so it cant be in the mind :confused: good luck hope they do the job for your mum ;)

Or you could try standing next to Electricity Pylons for a few hours a day?

Right my mum now has the knee bands and she said she walked right along the road today and felt nothing (no aches). She said by time she got home her knee would have been throbing, but she said great it has really eased the pain, only day one though but I said if they help just keep wearing them.
NOW!!!! As I get loads of headaches I mentioned to her that if I wore one around my head and sat next to her then would her leg keep going up and down everytime I nodded.
Only joking there, but does anyone know how these things work. what is supposed to be the idea, I mean are the magnets supposed to draw the pain out?????
Please see my other post on General DIY.
EXTRACTOR FAN OR DEHUMIDIFIER.
Well I may get more answers on this part, the post for magnetic bands seems to be attracting everyone. :LOL:

I think this is probably a Placebo? It works because you want it to work so your brain tells you the pain has gone even though it hasn't made the least bit of difference. Might be wrong but that is what i would suggest is the reason.

despite my brain telling me that what you've written is total bollux, I keep staring at it and it hasn't gone away.

Therefore I deduce that what you've written is total bollux.

Had to give up wearing them, kept taking all the cutlery into work.

it dont matter what load of sh## you read in the posts , they work they dont work , but if you are one of the lucky ones like me they work so who gives a sh## what people say, ;) if pain is gone :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back