magnetic door holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have got a fire alarm system which includes 1 magnetic door holder now my question is can i just run a cable from this door holder to another one surely its just a case of running a 2 core cable

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
need to check magnets power consumption eg 500ma each and then check power supply used eg 1 amp and cable run eg 100m ? cable type 1mm fp200 ?

Sponsored Links
they are 65 ma each fuse in the alarm panel is 3 amp would say cable run is around 30 meters u think this will work??

As per normal on here, if your asking basic questions about life protection equipment, are you sure you should be doing this?

Basically, the answer is no.

Get someone who knows how these things work, your playing with lives here.

Im with Alarm on this one.

if you are going to alter the design of the system, and sign it off then make sure you have the credentials to do it.

ok 3Amp fuse on the output of the supply but what are the contacts on the interface relay rated at? what is the impedance of the cable at 30m? what is the maximum current on the circuit at power up and down? do the holders have diodes or MOVs fitted? do you need some?

now some DIY questions are fair game but this doesnt sound like a DIY scenario to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back