Magnetic Door Seal for Shower Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a previous post, I explained that we'd bought a shower bath, at the moment the 2 doors just sit against one another and don't seem to join very well so we thought if we got a magnetic seal down the edge of the door it would be more effective.....unfortunately I can't find where you can buy such a thing....anyone know of anywhere.

Thanx

Mandy

Sponsored Links
helllooo mandy p

are you shure they are steel doors they are likely to be
aluminium which is not magnetic

if you had it installed recently get the installer back
[unless he advised you this might happen with this product]

contact your supplier or try the manufacturers wed site
for possible solutions

big all

Is it the Freedom one from Bathstore.com, If it is then the doors are frameless glass so you will have to find a two part strip. The only way I can think of getting one is to contact a maker of shower doors that have this type of closing method such as Trevi and see if you can get a spare. You will still have a job of fitting one of the strips to the edge of one panel. Maybe you could try some form of plastic clip.

I fitted one of these baths earlier in the year and have not had any adverse comments from the client but I was a bit worried about the risk of the two doors hitting each other.

Jason

You could use the 2 part self adhesive magnetic strip you can get to hold secondary double glazing up. One part is white painted thin steel strip with SA on reverse, (you can cut it with scissors) the other is flexible rubber magnet, again finished in white. They are both about 20mm wide and I think come in rolls about 5m long. I got some 3 or 4 years ago for less than £10 per roll (both parts)

Should work if you have an overelap of more than 10mm

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back