Magnetic filters overpriced. AliExpress'ed anyone?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
In Canada, magnetic dirt separators go in range of 250-500CAD.

Imo, looking at the thing, what it does, and manufacturing process, that's way too much money. Really, those things should cost no more than 100$.
Might be because of installers don't bother putting them, so suppliers don't sell in volumes required to drive the prices down, but 250-400$ is not what I'm willing to pay - that's just a ridiculous price.

AliExpress has some magnetic filters, and the price is around 50$ + shipping = <100$:
You may say you get what you pay, but China is producing pretty much everything anyway, and thus they might be just relabeled filters that otherwise well-known brands are selling. Might. I don't know better.

And thus is the question - has anyone tried any filters from AliExpress?

Sponsored Links
My £350-£400 central heating pump is made in Serbia/Croatia/Romania - one of those. It is a lump of metal. Prices are what they are these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back