Main 24HE combi boiler - leak / part identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This site does not support DIY gas work.
Hi all,

I'm getting a persistent leak from my combi boiler unit. It fills a 500ml container a week, so it's not 'critical' just yet.

I do not intend to fix this myself. I want to save time and identify what parts I might usefully get for whoever comes and does this repair for me.

Here are a few pictures. There is a video, but I'll hold off on sending that for now.

My ask - can anyone help me identify the parts I should buy, even if they might need to be returned. I'm just keen to save a bit of time on the repair.

My photos:

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg
IMG_4254.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The leak is on the 3 way valve assembly, might need a new one, or might just be ok to clean up. @gas112 or @ianmcd might be able to confirm this for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correction to warning - there is no "gas work" involved in this, and we are advised no part of access involves breaking an air seal unlike many later boilers,
Some parts identification is here (not all that are leaking)
https://www.mainheating.co.uk/-/med...bi_24_he_installation_and_servicing_guide.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks Chris (for the 11th time today...). I'll wait to hear from the other crew, but it sounds like my shopping list so far includes a full stack of o-rings/diaphragms. I assume for both the DHW Pressure Differential Valve (front bit) and the Diverter Mainfold (bit at the back), which has most of the evidence of leakage. I guess there's a time/cost to clean vs what might be a shorter time to replace, so an interesting question on best use of time/money. Not wanting parts to go to scrap, I'm inclined to repair if it can get me to a non-leaking/safe boiler again.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Looks like it can be repaired as peen @gas112, so if everything is in that kit, just order one, or tell your engineer to. Cleaning that wouldn’t take long, so get it cleaned off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back