Main Combi 24 HE flame failure

N

nelly83

Hi,
I am having a problem with my Main Combi 24 he with the flame failure light flashing. The light will not reset and flalshes as soon as the boiler is switched on. Even if i turn the boiler completly off as soon as i switch power back on the flame failure light flashes. This happens on both hot water and central heating, but if I turn the boiler switch to off and run the hot water tap then switch the boiler back on whilst the tap is running it fires up fine and supplies hot water. Then as soon as i turn the tap off the boiler switches of and the flame failure light once again flashes.
Looking through the troubleshooting it appears to be pointing to the The on/off switch or the pcb.
Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Or pcb, nac , gas valve, condensate trap. flame rectification.....R.G.I Required

I'm gonna get a gas man in but just wanted some info and ideas so that I at least have an idea so not to get screwed over.

Sponsored Links
why is it that most customers think plumber/gas engineers are rip off merchants?

what do you do for a living???
hope you dont rip people off!!

I don't think in general plumbers and gas engineers rip people off, just that there are people in all trades who take advantage of the position where the customer has little or no knowledge of the problem!
A little story:
I took my watch for a new battery a few weeks back, on returning to the shop I was told the battery had leaked all over the intricate inners and would need a full service at a cost of £180. I politely declined and went around the corner bought a new battery for £2 fitted it and the watched worked fine.
Moral of the story never walk into a situation blind.

I am an aircraft engineer and if you brought your plane to me then I would most likely be in a position to take advantage of your lack of knowledge. I off course would not do this but would fully understand you seeking an idea of what the problem and fix could be prior to sending your aircraft for repair!

I noticed that a plunger on the 3 way valve is sticking out and making the switch causing the flame failure. Will this need a whole new valve or some internal componants replaving. How much is a gass fitter likely to charge for this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back