Main combi 24 he, heating always on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I am hope someone can help with this.
I have a Main Combi 24 he. Problem is heating is always on even with selector switch on water only.
I have replaced the diverter valve and no change. Then replaced the pcb, still no change. I have also disconnected the thermostat as a precaution. still no change.
As soon as you turn the dial from off to hot water only, boiler fires up instantly and rads heat up. This occurs even without hot tap demand.

Has anyone come across this before?
Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
When you replaced the pcb it is possible that you have connected the selector control knob 180 degrees out, so what you think is switching off is actually switching on

Sponsored Links
When you replaced the pcb it is possible that you have connected the selector control knob 180 degrees out, so what you think is switching off is actually switching on
PCB was replaced because of the fault existing beforehand, if I read it right?

Is this the same boiler where the heating did not work but hot water was ok

Thanks for the suggestions, but m

icroswitches seem to be working fine.
You have changed divertor so nothing up in there pins returning etc. So If boiler is firing minute you put it to hot water with no demand then the microswitch is stuck inside 99% of time, disconnect the leads from board /or switch ifitdont firethats your problem if it continues then its main sensor

You have changed divertor so nothing up in there pins returning etc. So If boiler is firing minute you put it to hot water with no demand then the microswitch is stuck inside 99% of time, disconnect the leads from board /or switch ifitdont firethats your problem if it continues then its main sensor
Good way to be sure. Ill let you know.

Thermistor replaced, but still the same.
Micro switch is activated by the vertical pin on the diverter which extends when boiler is turned on. So I assume micro switch is working fine.
With microswitch disconnected, and boiler switched to water only. Fan and pump seem to run without any demand.....
Anything else I can try?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back