Main combi 24 he, heating always on!

Sponsored Links
Thermistor replaced, but still the same.
Micro switch is activated by the vertical pin on the diverter which extends when boiler is turned on. So I assume micro switch is working fine.
With microswitch disconnected, and boiler switched to water only. Fan and pump seem to run without any demand.....
Anything else I can try?
you have disconnected the pump proving switch, pull a wire off the horizontal DHW switch at the front of the valve and see what happens

Sponsored Links
you have disconnected the pump proving switch, pull a wire off the horizontal DHW switch at the front of the valve and see what happens
Can't disconnect either side without cutting. This switch seems to be working as hot water works.
Pump also runs.

Can't disconnect either side without cutting. This switch seems to be working as hot water works.
Pump also runs.
That is because the boiler thinks you are running a hot tap,you must have the 3 wire switch, that boiler can also use a two wire switch , the 3 wire switch is a problem on them, just cut it , you can always join it back up again, if that is not the problem but it will be , you can disconnect it at the moulex end, but not really a diy thing

That is because the boiler thinks you are running a hot tap,you must have the 3 wire switch, that boiler can also use a two wire switch , the 3 wire switch is a problem on them, just cut it , you can always join it back up again, if that is not the problem but it will be , you can disconnect it at the moulex end, but not really a diy thing
This switch is only activated when the hot water turns on. I can see the pin push out and press the switch. Boiler then boosts.
Do you still think I should cut it?

This switch is only activated when the hot water turns on. I can see the pin push out and press the switch. Boiler then boosts.
Do you still think I should cut it?
yes the switch will be stuck in the made position and sending a false signal to the boiler to come on, but because the diverter valve is still in the CH position all the heat goes to the radiators , quite a common fault, just cut two of the wires and see if the boiler stops firing, as said you can always join them back up again, but that will be your fault

Thermistor replaced, but still the same.
Micro switch is activated by the vertical pin on the diverter which extends when boiler is turned on. So I assume micro switch is working fine.
With microswitch disconnected, and boiler switched to water only. Fan and pump seem to run without any demand.....
Anything else I can try?
microswitch activated by horizontal pin at front is the one you want to disconnect

That was the one!
I changed parts wort £100's, and in the end it was a £25 part.

Shows the value of knowledge and experience.

Thanks everyone!

That was the one!
I changed parts wort £100's, and in the end it was a £25 part.

Shows the value of knowledge and experience.

Thanks everyone!
Nothing against how you posted, but for anyone else, looking for advice , pics are always best of what you have, many boilers have the same name and model, but work differently, many posters call things by an incorrect name, always helps if we can see what you actually have :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back