Main Eco compact combi 25 - 30 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, at sons house.

Setting his water to 40 c it’s too hot to put your hand under, setting it to 39c and it’s Luke warm.

is this diy fixable or do we need an engineer?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Further observation, he said he had to turn the rad knob to 64 to get the radiators hot, if I turn on the hot tap, the radiator temp plummets to around 50ndegrees before going back up when I turn the tap off. Don’t think this is normal, then again I’ve never stood there watching my own boiler as it’s in an upstairs room.

It's normal for combi boiler to switch heating off whilst hot taps running as it gives priority to domestic hot water.
It's not normal to have such a wide variance on DHW temperature with an incremental adjustment to the target setting.

Sponsored Links
Further observation, he said he had to turn the rad knob to 64 to get the radiators hot, if I turn on the hot tap, the radiator temp plummets to around 50ndegrees before going back up when I turn the tap off. Don’t think this is normal, then again I’ve never stood there watching my own boiler as it’s in an upstairs room.
thats not the rad temp plummeting but the temp within boiler which is now transferring its heat into cold water to make it hot and will rise again the longer a tap is left running perfectly normal

why are you getting bg out it should still be under its 5 year warrant with baxi
Boiler was here when we moved in, is guarantee transferrable? If so, I’ll get my son to phone them up

Boiler was here when we moved in, is guarantee transferrable? If so, I’ll get my son to phone them up
usually is with baxi they will want proof when it was last serviced did your solicitor get the records when you moved in they usually do

I would like to think the boiler is registered to the property rather than an individual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back