Main Eco Elite Manufacturer Date

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello lovely peopl

I visited my brothers flat who was asking about boilers - He has a main eco elite combi boiler

If i search the industry database it says it was last manufactured in 2015 yet the label on the boiler suggests it was manufactured in 45 week of 2016! And therefore probably not installed until 2017

He wants my advice on whether to install a replacement boiler as he has had to have his magnetic filter swapped over

How is it possible for a boiler to be manufactured two years after the cut off date?

1729f684-dbe4-47c9-818e-6048ec17124d.JPG

Sponsored Links
The boiler is 7 years old - He does not want to be in a position where come winter he has a broken boiler and difficulty calling out a gas engineer.

A new boiler can be bought for £700 baxi main eco compact and a gas qulified fitter can swap one out for 500 quid.

So £1200 for a new boiler fitted sounds reasonable

Cost of plumber to swap out a mag filter was 300 inlcluding the part

Also means that any problems with boiler in first five years and baxi will come out for free - Thats cheaper then a homeserve policy in fact!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
He does not want to be in a position where come winter he has a broken boiler and difficulty calling out a gas engineer.
That can happen with any boiler, new or old.

Spending £1200 to replace a working boiler because of some fear of it breaking is nonsense.
Boilers do not self destruct after 5 years, they can and should last for 15- 20 years provided they are serviced regularly.

However there is an entire industry led by the likes of British Gas, Boxt and similar who spread fear and doubt, convincing people that they must buy a new boiler because the old one doesn't have the manufacturer warranty any more. Or that a new one will magically use £1000s less gas and pay for itself. It's all lies.

Cost of plumber to swap out a mag filter was 300 inlcluding the part
...and why the need to 'swap out' the mag filter?
These filters are a fairly recent addition to boiler systems; boilers used to run fine without them - they are also usually designed to be easily serviceable.

My question was more like this
Yes, but that's not the real question we're interested in! ;)

the boiler database is here https://www.ncm-pcdb.org.uk/sap/pcdbsearch.jsp?pid=26

If I search for my model it shows last manufactured in 2015 - However this oiler suggests manufactured end of 2016 - Which one is correct?

The boiler manufacturer will have a far better idea of when they actually made a boiler, rather than an online database!

Anyway, did you choose the correct model:
Combi Eco Elite
Eco Elite 30 Combi ErP (still currently manufactured).

Both may be exactly the same model (very probable, as they both have the same first year of manufacture date - 2012), but entered into the database with a variation of the name; this is not uncommon.

Screenshot_20230521-182915_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you - This forum is brilliant !!

The boiler works fine - Was going to change it but now will just add a nest and fix the leaking mag filter!!! Thank you all

Hello lovely peopl

I visited my brothers flat who was asking about boilers - He has a main eco elite combi boiler

If i search the industry database it says it was last manufactured in 2015 yet the label on the boiler suggests it was manufactured in 45 week of 2016! And therefore probably not installed until 2017

He wants my advice on whether to install a replacement boiler as he has had to have his magnetic filter swapped over

How is it possible for a boiler to be manufactured two years after the cut off date?

View attachment 303925
eco elite erp went out of production at the end of 2019
The only current main combi is the main eco compact .

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back