Main Incoming Supply

Another problem you will have in moving the consumer unit is that the switchfuse will not fit into the meter cabinet, as it is already full of other equipment. Even if the E7 gear is removed, the DNO will not allow you to put the switchfuse in the meter cabinet anyway.

Might be worth writing a letter to ask. I wouldn't bother phoning them, as you'll very likely speak to some bozo who won't even understand the question you're asking.

Sponsored Links
Probably possible to fit one in that box, I wouldn't though.

A second meter box would match the first one, and won't cost that much more, plus you could put the new CU in there and avoid the switchfuse, SWA/split con cable and the expense of extending all of the circuits halfway across the house.

Another problem you will have in moving the consumer unit is that the switchfuse will not fit into the meter cabinet, as it is already full of other equipment.
When the E7 gubbins has gone I'm sure there'd be room for a MEM KMF 800.

Even if the E7 gear is removed, the DNO will not allow you to put the switchfuse in the meter cabinet anyway.
I don't think they'd mind a switchfuse. I'd suggest asking for forgiveness rather than permission.

Probably possible to fit one in that box, I wouldn't though.
No - get a purpose made IP rated switchfuse with a lockable door.

A second meter box would match the first one, and won't cost that much more, plus you could put the new CU in there and avoid the switchfuse, SWA/split con cable and the expense of extending all of the circuits halfway across the house.
And acquire the remarkable inconvenience of having to go outside to get to the CU.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back