Main supply cable ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Local board have supplied me with 2 50m reels of ducting in which to feed my main supply cable through in trench which is approx 70m run.

Has anyone used this stuff? It is so stiff! Planning to cut it up into 20m lengths and feed my fish wire through and pull draw rope through each section.

Wondering if anyone has had experience in using it? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Dont cut it - the less joins the better!

Have they supplied draw rope? Our DNO will often just ask for ducting (although not sure on 70m!).

this is some kind of plastic ducting? It's a cold day. Put it in a warm room and it may become more pliable. You could cut a couple of inches off and put them in the sink to see how much it responds to warmth. If you put a lot of joins in it that will give scope for the cable to snag, as well as water and mud getting in. Plug the ends while you work - I once had a mouse get in a (shorter) duct after I'd buried it.

I think I saw a method for blowing a "mole" down cable ducts with a cord attached, using an air pump. Not in the industry now so don't really remember. Might have been telecoms oe electricity supply, I've had a varied life!

if you have access to a compressor with a large CFM, you can use that to pull the drawwire thru (tie a bag round the end, stuff in duct, hold hands around to make a somewhere airtight seal, switch on air)

Sponsored Links
andy said:
if you have access to a compressor with a large CFM, you can use that to pull the drawwire thru (tie a bag round the end, stuff in duct, hold hands around to make a somewhere airtight seal, switch on air)

Aquavac at the other end? or an Essex girl?

medicobra.jpg

Think they will have a rod with them, or some kind of ferret. Wouldn't be cutting it into lots of short lengths though. If you do, maybe leave access holes until the cable is in?

JohnD said:
andy said:

Aquavac at the other end? or an Essex girl?

neither. altho an auqavac on the other end could substitute the compressor

Er, Im from Essex, so I can`t possible comment on the aforementioned :D

me too (originally.)

Essex girls are great :D

I have a female friend who is at uni in essex atm, I don't think it works how it should unless they are originaly from there :(

(judgeing by my lack of sucess with her so far...)

:LOL:

Thanks for all the replies

Reel was actually 100m long. I cut it into 3 sections and sleeved the joins.

Hope i never see that ducting ever again!!!!!! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back