Mains cables for powered roller blinds - bit naughty or ok?

Hi John, that does sound more sensible and there is actually no blocks on top of lintel, the wall plate is sitting directly on the lintel (this was to maximise window height) so the wiring route would be easy.

However, I'd need a fused flex outlet actually in the recess and then there would be no room for the actual blind.

The wiring from above has got me thinking! Surely the wire could go straight up into ceiling void so no 'zone' issue. Then route around among lighting cables and drop down elsewhere to the FCU. There are actually three of these needed so maybe they could all drop down to the one FCU? Each window would then just have a grid flex outlet as Echo suggested and a single FCU could sit somewhere convenient (all nicely labelled of course!)

Cheers,

Oscar

Sponsored Links
That sounds a more sensible way of doing it. Realistically you only require a circuit fused to suit the cable or any lower current specified in the installation instructions for the blinds. This could be anywhere that makes sense.
Also, if you drop a conduit down from above, you have the option of other than just a supply cable - for example, are these going to be (radio or infra-red) remote controlled, or have remote control cables to them ?
I know some blinds are connected with a 3 wire system. One wire is neutral, the other two are live - applying power to one rolls the blind up until the limit switch trips, the other rolls it down (again until it hits the limit switch).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back