Mains cold water so noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this forum, but have a problem that I thought I had solved, but would really appreciate some advice!
All cold taps (and the dishwasher and washing machine) are fed by mains cold water, which is extremely loud when being used. We have changed taps, which are now single lever in the cloakroom, bathroom and ensuite and I've read that Grohe do a tap that is specifically for high water pressure so before I go and spend a fortune, I would like to know your views.
I did look at some of the posts, and have tried a numebr of things - turning the isolator down only made the noise worse, checked the stopcock under the kitchen sink is on full, however, I did go outside and have turned the external stop tap right down and, hey presto, the noise has gone. The pressure is rubbish now, and you cannot flush a toilet and then run a tap at the same time, but it is silent - is there something else I can do? Will the new taps really make a difference and allow me to turn up the pressure outside? Should Anglian Water come and look at the pressure - the stop tap doesn't turn off completely, so I'm guessing it should? Maybe I will have to get new taps and just try and get the pressure right before it gets noisy?

Sponsored Links
If you have a high incoming water pressure, installing a pressure reducing valve after the internal stop tap, will very likely resolve your issue.

Thanks both - this is the internal stop tap - not a great deal of room

Attachments

• IMG_7021.JPG
    IMG_7021.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
Thanks PBD, I'll get onto a plumber for a quote !! Hopefully not too much!! Would the Grohe Bauedge taps help/ make much of a difference?

Installing just the one outlet/tap will not help overall, but installing a PRV at the incoming supply, will control the whole of the system.

I'll get onto a plumber for a quote
get the plumber to measure the mains water flow and advise if it is excessive,the plumber may consider fitting flow regulators to the mains water outlets each to their own ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back