mains downlighters for attic bedroom help and advice ASAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought some ALTO 50W mains downlighters with halogen G10 bulbs. Unfortunately the recess in the ceiling is 70mm, and the diagram for the lights states a 110mm.

Can I buy low energy G10, or LED G10 to use instead without causing a fire hazard, or does the builder have to put more plasterboard on the ceiling to increase the recess space.

Please help

Sponsored Links
If the fitting says 110mm then that's that. Putting low energy bulbs in would be a fire hazard waiting to happen (When the bulb goes and someone puts a normal G10 in).

Why though do you want downlighters? They have their uses, I've got them in my bathroom, utility and kitchen but wouldn't a normal pendant type light do?

Thanks, our attic bedroom is 3m by 3m and we want a good level of light throughout the room.

I think I'll have to go for LED down lights, just seen some on Mr resistor

Sponsored Links
downlights do just that, they point down.

not really good for a bedroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back