Mains Drills

D

DoItWell

I find battery drills expensive and the batteries eventually fade and they cost fortune to replace. My £15 600w mains drill works very well.

Is there a mains drill/driver with torque control? I recall Bosch drill, and not sure if it still made or other makers sell one.

There is a mains Makita Impact Driver and quite cheap too. I don't need battery drills as I work where power sockets are.

http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?page=36&catid=89&open=89
Reputable dealer @ £75 inc P&P
http://www.itslondon.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdCode=MAK2406951

I may buy this Impact Driver.

Sponsored Links
Most impact driver like that one do not have torque control if what you mean by that is torque settings? Even though you can still use that as a drill you will need the special 1/4" hex bits for them.

Most impact driver like that one do not have torque control if what you mean by that is torque settings? Even though you can still use that as a drill you will need the special 1/4" hex bits for them.

Neds, Impact Drivers do not have torque control. I am after a mains drill/driver with torque control.

Sponsored Links
Cant help you with a mains drill with torque control but im interested to know the intended use.

The torque control is something i hardly ever use, i find that once i get used to a drill you just get used to using it in "drill" mode.

I use a mains drill for panel building, its a metabo sbe1010, the drill has a preselectable speed setting which makes it really good for carefully driving in screws.

Cant help you with a mains drill with torque control but im interested to know the intended use.

The torque control is something i hardly ever use, i find that once i get used to a drill you just get used to using it in "drill" mode.

I use a mains drill for panel building, its a metabo sbe1010, the drill has a preselectable speed setting which makes it really good for carefully driving in screws.

I do that with my cheap main drill variable speed which is OKish and speed limiter. The secret is decent Wira bits and the proper sized screws, then no cam out. Mains have so much more torque than battery drills - even the cheap mains drills.

A decent mains drill/driver would have better trigger speed control, which is paramount - you have a Metabo.

The intended us is general drill/driving.

I have an SDS. so want a mains Impact Driver and torque control mains drill/driver.

You have probably answered my question in that a good quality drill with decent trigger speed control and max speed limit would do the job.

I suppose something like this would do:
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...CSTHZPCFFA?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=55255#

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back